Joe was born and raised in Lake Charles, Louisiana, and takes great pride in the people and culture of Southwest Louisiana. He obtained his bachelor’s degree from McNeese State University in 2012 and earned his J.D. from LSU Law in 2015. His legal practice is primarily focused on plaintiff’s work, encompassing personal injury, property damage, bad faith insurance claims, and labor and employment litigation.
Prior to joining Lee Hoffoss Injury Lawyers, Joe spent five years practicing in labor and employment, corporate, and construction law, where he represented both plaintiffs and defendants. He notably co-authored the ‘Louisiana Employment Law (Practice Series)’ treatise and has contributed to the ‘Louisiana Corporations (Practice Series)’ treatise. These textbooks, published by Thompson Reuters, are widely used by legal practitioners in Louisiana. Leveraging his experience as a defense attorney, Joe is well-versed in the tactics and strategies deployed by corporate defendants to evade compensating individuals or small businesses.
Aside from his legal career, Joe enjoys spending quality time with his wife, playing guitar for his church, engaging in backyard fetch sessions with his dogs, Jack and Tech, and immersing himself in novels and self-improvement books from the comfort of his back porch.
- LSU Law- Juris Doctor, 2015
- McNeese State University- Bachelors of Arts – History, Cum Laude
- Western District of Louisiana
- Middle District of Louisiana
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- 5th Circuit
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Employment Law Practice Series Treatise (Thompson Reuters)- Co-authored
- Louisiana Corporations Practice Series Treatise (Thompson Reuters) – Contributor